Here are a few things I've said good-bye to and will NOT miss:
Click on READ MORE below to read the rest of the post!
Paying with a Credit Card
Teaching in a Class of 29 or More
This school year, my district made the decision (and obviously found the money) to reduce class size to 26, with the eventual goal of getting it down to 22. I still remember when California started class size reduction back in the 90s...and yes I had only 20 students! But with massive budget cuts, class sizes quickly rose to 30 or more. Researchers and politicians want to tell you that class size does not make a difference. I guess it wouldn't make a difference then if we cut researcher and politician's salaries by half. Oh, so now it makes a difference. Of course it makes a difference! It makes a difference in SO many ways that can not be measured by a standardized test or a tally chart.
What to look forward to in 2016:
- I will be launching a Third Grade Newsletter sometime in the Spring! It will be short and sweet and filled with suggestions, tips and the occasional FREEBIE. Be sure to sign up for it!
- I will have some new resources available on Teachers Pay Teachers starting in January. I am putting the finishing touches on several new resources for Math, Social Studies and Writing. Please consider following my store on TpT for updates and info on new resources!
- Math Tip Monday series will continue through June, so please come back every first Monday of the month too check it out. Please consider following my blog for more Math Tip Mondays!
- I will be updating my Pinterest Boards to focus on more specific areas of teaching and learning Please consider following me on Pinterest!
- I plan on showing more of my classroom in action on Instagram. Please consider following me on Instagram!
I wish everyone a safe, happy, restful and peaceful Holiday Season. Happy New Year, too!