As one of the participants in the Teachers Pay Teachers Author Inauguration Day FREEBIE EVENT that was held on January 20, 2017, I and many TpT sellers have got together to create free teaching resources. These free teaching resources help reinforce values that many of us feel are significantly important at this transition time in our history.
FREE Teaching Resources
The TpT authors have created many inspiring free teaching resources built around the following themes:
- Understanding our Branches of US Government and the US Constitution
- History of civil rights movements, including suffrage
- Environmental issues including climate change
- Critical thinking and examining media bias
- Kindness, empathy, compassion
- Equality and inclusion for all people
- Understanding and respecting cultural differences
Get my FREE teaching resource NOW!
I have created SIX posters about the American Dream. I define the American Dream as following and living those ideals for which past generations have fought for and have given us as their legacy:
- WOMAN’S SUFFRAGE
- CIVIL RIGHTS
- HUMAN RIGHTS
Take a look at the posters. This free teaching resource will be available in my TpT store as a FOREVER Freebie.
Each poster has four representative people of that era who were influential in establishing those ideals. Each person has an attributed quote that can be used as a class discussion starter or to analyze the meaning of the words in the quote.
Many Uses for These Posters
Here are some ideas for using these posters with your students:
- have students represent each American value through an art project
- students can pick an individual and research this person’s life and report back
- or have students compare and contrast select quotes
- have students think of new quotes everyone would say about a current event or “hot topic”
- the students can rewrite a quote with synonyms or antonyms
- have the students trace the origin of the quote – why was it said?
- or have the students make a game using the quotes
- the students can find other quotes for each ideal or American value
- have the students translate the quotes into other languages
- the students can memorize the quotes
The sixth poster is a cumulative poster showing all the ideals of the American Dream and the individuals. There is also a section that shows a brief summary of what they were fighting for and the outcome. They can also be used as bookmarks!!
To search for more FREEBIES for this event, just use
these hashtags to search on TpT:
Let me know how you will use the posters!
Drop by these other Bloggers to find more ways to use these FREEBIES!!
Don’t Go Yet!
Are you new to the 1:1 classroom setting? Then you’ll want to read my Valuable Tips for the 1:1 Classroom.
Check out how I use Google Classroom to present at Back to School Night for Parents.
Sign up for my newsletter and get this CONTROL KEYS Shortcut poster for FREE. Just sign up for my newsletter below and you’ll also get a bonus student desk version as well! Sign up now!
Or register for the newsletter to receive this FREE Guide to Achieving Multiplication Fluency. Get it now by signing up for my newsletter below!